Thursday 9 November 2017

Poinsettia Joy


Hi There Lovely Bloggers...


Today I have a card for the brand new challenge at In The Pink - our theme is 

SPOTS AND/OR STRIPES (or both!)

so I chose to use spots..  I used them both on the background card, then I dotted around the flower image to give some more spots... just call me Dotty!  I used an image from our sponsor - A Day For Daisies - this is the fabulous Christmas Poinsettia.  After colouring and die-cutting the image, I took the MFT Joy word die - and die-cut through the coloured image.  I cut another couple of plain white words - and layered those in the space left by the original word, before replacing the coloured word on the top...  hmmm, hope you followed that!  Although it shows up well in real life, it was quite difficult to photograph... so I tried from different directions so you can see the depth of the word.


Card Info:
Dies - Your Next Stamp Stitched Scalloped Rectangles, MFT Joy word die
Cardstock - Anna Marie Designs Pink Dotty
Colouring - Copics
Pinks - R81/83/85/89
Greens - YG63, G40/99
Shading and Dots - W0/1/3

You could win a fabulous $12 voucher to spend at A Day For Daisies if your name is chosen at random from our Perfect Pinkies...  so why not join in?

********

Big hugs and Happy Crafting...

5 comments:

  1. Very unusual to see you using flowers and the look really great, a brilliant card and super design.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo gorgeous Christine, realised at second glance it was a DFD image.....now I want it of course too lol ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x