Thursday 10 August 2017

Down and Dirty!

 

Hi Lovely Peeps....

Well........  as you can see by my card, I've been getting 'down and dirty' with my Distress Inks!!  LOL!  I did some smooshing for the background of this little lady  - Oct 31 Nora - from the CC Designs August release..  I wasn't sure how it'd turn out as I've never really played like this with the darker colours.... but wow..... it worked and I was really pleased with the result.

No automatic alt text available.

Smooshing (for those that haven't tried it yet) is fab - but you have to be prepared to get dirty fingers.  All you do is plop your DI inkpad upside down (to leave some colour) onto a craft mat or something that's not porous - spray a mini-mister onto the colour that the pad left - then upturn your card (preferably use a Bristol Smooth watercolour card) - and SMOOSH the two together!  I tended to use my heat gun to dry each layer before adding another colour.  You'll be amazed by the effects you can achieve using a few colours!  I used Black Soot, Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, and Seedless Preserves - then I did some white acrylic paint splattering too, for the stars.  That made more mess really than the Distress Inks!  I finished off using a Sharpie White Poster Paint pen for the brighter stars.


Card Info:
Die - Mama Elephant Confetti (for stars in glitter card)
Distress Inks for background - Black Soot, Wilted Violet, 
Blueprint Sketch, Seedless Preserves
Colouring - Copics (with the odd Promarker too)
Hair - C5/7/9
Skin - E000/00/11/71, R20
Dress - Promarkers Amethyst and Aubergine, V15/17/25
Moon Y11/21, YR23
Pumpkin - YR04/14/18/24, Y21/35
Spider - C3/7
Leaf - E31/34
Stem - YG63/65
Glitter Card for stars
Jewels from Lucy's Cards

Hope you like my make - I'm not the best at Halloween creations - so I really was thrilled at how this turned out!

Big Hugs

6 comments:

  1. Christine, you should be thrilled how this turned out! I love that background. I am so glad you explained in your post how you did it...I want to try this so bad now! Adorable card. I loved your card you posted yesterday too! Such talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling card! From the girl to the background, you really did a fabulous job of color choice, technique and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your background is just AMAZING! I have never gone that dark before except for a galaxy look but great Idea for Halloween. Your whole card is gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I have to say that I thought I had gone to the wrong blog. Well done you for trying this method and you have made a great job of it. Super cute image too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. le fond de carte est fabuleux, carte très réussie et très belle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous background and the little girlie is adorable. Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x