Saturday 14 September 2013

A little stripey attitude...


Hi Peeps

Well I'm back from my hols in France.... Miss me??  We had a lovely time, but a tad wet for the last few days...  however we did manage to see all the sites in the Dordogne and I even climbed to the very top of a massive big hill with a castle on it...  (and I'm not a castle person really)....  ahhhhhhh the things we do for love!

Onto my card...  today's challenge at Totally Gorjuss is 'Stripes'...  so I decided to go bold and use a pre-coloured topper that I'd bought from The Hobby House - it's Kenny K's Queen's Cutie.....  isn't she just so sassy??  I actually trimmed her to a rectangle as the topper was shaped...  then I doodled around her.  OF COURSE, she just had to have a bit of glitter on her hat and trainers... and all I did otherwise to the image was to give her a little shading with my copics... W1 and W3 around the edges to give her depth.


I used a Cuttlebug chevron embossing folder for the texture on the other piece of card...  the stripey paper I can't tell you the name of I'm sorry as it was a piece in my stash.. I did the sentiment on the PC ... and then I added some gems to finish.

I'd love you to pop over to Totally Gorjuss to see what my teamies have come up with too...  our sponsor this time is Crafters' Companion... so you could win yourself something nice if you enter...

It looks like it may be a wet weekend here in Wetherby... so after I've finished the mountain of washing and ironing I brought back, I just MAY get some play time!

Oooh and I will try to be around next week.... but my youngest daughter arrives on Monday for a visit for a couple of weeks (for those that don't know, she lives in Bermuda)...  so my commenting may be a bit sparse.. Hope you'll forgive me!

Big hugs to all and Happy Crafting...
Christine x

Challenge: The Hobby House Artists Challenge

18 comments:

  1. Lovely card hun, glad you're back and had a lovely time.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally gorgeous Christine and thrilled you entered, with this fabulous artist and image too, would you mind linking back to our challenge blog please thank you
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this gorgeous creation, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card Christine! Great job coloring the cute image! She certainly has attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the image and the fab bright coloured papers and love the layout too. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine, Glad you had a great holiday and what a sassy card to return with!
    Thanks for the nudge, was going to but was unsure if there was enough pink.
    Hugs, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Christine, such a cool image too, hugs, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Christine, such a cool image too, hugs, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, great image and layout and good choice of papers.
    Have a great time with your Daughter bet you can't wait till she arrives.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. so stunning christine.i love your colours and fabulous image :D

    x coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you Christine :) and did love your comment made me smile so early this morning
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, great colours.
    Enjoy your daughter's visit and forget about commenting until she has gone home :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely fabulous Christine, love the colours.
    Glad you had a lovely holiday.
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a fabulous, adorable card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, she is fabulous! Awesome coloring (and thanks so much for visiting my little blog, your comments meant a lot to me :) ).
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this card!! Your colouring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh fab image and colours, gorgeous card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card. Thanks for joining the Hobby House challenge.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x