Tuesday 4 June 2013

Father's Day at Anything Goes..


Hi Girls

Firstly, isn't it lovely to see the sunshine??!!

I'm still trying to catch up with myself...  but managed to get this done for the Father's Day Challenge at Anything Goes...  I couldn't resist this little DigiStamp Boutique superhero...  he was such fun to colour!


I coloured him with copics and promarkers ... then cut him out and mounted him on some white card run through a chevron embossing folder.  The papers are various bits I had lying around..   I diecut some letters from the Tim Holtz Typeset die.... they do look a bit wobbly... but in actual fact they are supposed to be like that... his typical grunge look!




And here's me being crept up on by my lovely OH with camera in hand while I was finishing off the card in the sunshine... can you see my concentration?? LOL!

I'm dedicating this card to MY dad...  who passed away in 1980...  and to my girls' dad - my late husband...  who passed away in 2007...  both very much missed and thought of often.

Why don't you pop over to the challenge blog HERE and see what my teamies have come up with for more inspiration.  And don't forget, you can find lots of lovely crafty goodies at Lynn's shop - the Craft Den in Sheffield... and online too.

Big Hugs and Happy Crafting
Christine x
PS... Please note - not a sign of pink or a touch of glitter ANYWHERE on this one!!

15 comments:

  1. Great card Christine, love this stamp. Superhero with typical "Pooh bear syndrome" round the middle. Lovely,
    Thanks for holiday info
    Hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card, Christine! I love that guy and the colourway!

    Hope you are having a fab week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning sweetie...

    I love today's creation so much...

    Fabulous colours too....

    Huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous fun card and a lovely photograph :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card hun and thank you for popping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment on my challenge card recently...means a lot!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card honey. You look like you're having fun in the sun too.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card, love the image, the papers and brilliant colouring.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. so stunning Christine.i love this superdad image and your design is fab :D
    great pic too :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours and the image super dad is super cute !! xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is soo fun and gorgeous!! Love the image and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card.
    Isn't it lovely sit in the sunshine for a while?
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christine, what a brilliant card - love the image, he's such fun!!!

    Great picture as well, you do look like you're concentrating really hard!!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty photo of you Lisa and what a fun card! The dry embossed layer looks wonderful! Always love to see the sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute male creation Christine lovely of you to dedicate it to the 2 men you have lost & miss. awwww.

    smiles Christine the other one.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christine, thanks for your thoughts on the Craft den blog. Life is a bit os a trial at the mo, but have at last managed to upload my Father's Day card. Yours is great fun a real superhero. Great colouring and yes....no pink!! I love your dedication for this card and wish I had done the same, especially as Father's day falls on my Dad's birthday this year and it will be 18 yrs ago he passed away. Think I will go back and edit my blog. Thanks for the prompt!! Hope you are keeping well.
    Hugs Carol xx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x