Thursday 13 December 2012

It's Pinkie time again...

Hi Peeps

Today it's time for another challenge at In The Pink... this time it's called 'Pink and Pearlie'  - and as I've been pushed for time this week, I've only managed one DT card instead of my usual two!!  But I'm sure you'll let me off..

I decided on one of my fav Mo Manning images - Ruby All Grown Up... it really reminds me of when my two girls were young...  and I love her big hat and long necklace!!  I coloured again with a mix of Copics and Promarkers... used a stepper card that I made myself (!)... then Bazzil and Papermania Paper .

I used a Nestie for my image (Labels 18)..  then a Memory Box Meridien Border die for the scalloped bit... and pearl hearts from my stash.  I tried to use some Cosmic Shimmer pearl glue for her pearl necklace... not sure it works - then I added loads of glitter as usual...  Finally, I used my Hero Arts alphabet stamps that I've had for yonks for the sentiment..  And there she is... hope you like!

We have a lovely new Guest Designer over at In the Pink too...  the lovely Nic (aka Coops) has agreed to join us for our next two challenges... looking forward to seeing her fab creations!

Don't forget to join in our Pearlie challenge this time...  it's open for four weeks so Sylvia and I can have a little Christmas rest (and a glass of wine or two..).... so you have plenty of time to enter!

Big hugs
Christine x
PS.... I still have to finish my Christmas cards believe it or not!! They're going to be really late this year!

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Christine the image and layout are so pretty. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Christine - Mo's image is beautiful, and the necklace really does look "pearlie". Love your step card design too!

    Have a lovely day - Hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card and a cute image. I would love to come and help out Christine, but my boss at work wouldn't like it :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww adorable Christine. I'm also still making my Christmas cards. I'm so behind this year. :0(
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Christine, I love this Mo image too and your design is gorgeous.
    Sorry I can't play along at present, I am gutted but just not well enough :(
    Happy Christmas to you too incase I don't get to call again before then.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. so gorgeous christine.adorable sweet image and i love your stunning card design :D
    i have not started my own christmas cards either :S

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet, pretty card, love the die shape and the papers. Really lovely card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous card Christine, loving the pink and such a cute image too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw another sweet PINK creation you colour these lil images so well..
    great shaped card too.
    catch up nxt wk enjoy.

    smiles tother Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww so pretty! Love that sweet image with her pearly necklace, and all the pink of course :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    PS. I still have to finish my Christmas cards too... including 30-odd for Dex's class lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, how gorgeous is this! Love little Ruby and the beautiful card you've made with her. This card just HAD to be pink!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christine
    This is beautiful as usual. Love that stamp.
    Popping by to Wish you and your family a wonderful and blessed Christmas time.
    Hugs Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christine,
    Pretty pink card, lovely image and what a stepper card you made.
    Hope you have a great Christmas.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet pink and girlie card! It's such a cute image and I love how you made her necklace - really looks like she's wearing a real pearl necklace!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x