Thursday 6 September 2012

Time for a pink challenge again...

Hi Best Blogging Buddies...

Well that last two weeks just flew by - in fact my YEAR is flying by!!  I'm here again showing my DT cards for In the Pink...  we're having a wonderful time seeing all the fab entries and all the entrants sharing their secret (or not so secret) pink passion!!

If you'd like to pop over to see who the Perfect Pinkies for the last challenge were - click HERE

As this post is going to be a bit picture heavy - I'll get straight on with it.  My first card is one of my very favourite type... a dinky circular card... using a cute image..

Card Recipe:
  • Image - Gracie Lollipop from Lori Boyd Designs - digi image
  • DP - scraps that were hanging around my scrap basket
  • lace - from Samuel Taylors at Embsay
  • sentiment - Pebbles Rub on - banner cut by hand
  • Stickles for dots on top half, and glitter on Gracie! (of course.... )
  • Copics to colour
My second card is an easel card (5 x 7")...  I had to use a join to get it the right way up (if you see what I mean!)

I'm afraid I can't tell you what either of the papers are...  I've had them in a long time and there is no name on them.  But the flower is very simple to make.... I used a small scalloped circle nestie to cut out three of the same size.  Then I used a mini-mister to break the fibres down a bit - scrunched them all up.. then stuck them all back together, re-arranging the scrunching as I did.  I added a large gem (from The Hobby House), and some stickles round the edge of the flower... and that was it!!  Effective huh?? 
Card Recipe:
  • Sentiment - done on PC
  • Ribbon - Samuel Taylors
  • Martha Stewart Border Punch
  • Stamping Up Label punch
  • Scalloped Circle Nestie
  • Bazzil cardstock
  • Other DP with no name!! 
Hope you're all well out there in blogland.... extra hugs to those that maybe aren't...

Happy Crafting!
Hugs
Christine x

19 comments:

  1. Hi Christine, what super cards I am hard pushed to chose between them, the image on the first is so cute and a pretty layout and the second has a flower to die for. Two great creations
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both gorgeous, Christine! I will try to use pink again so I can join in again - but it's not my favourite colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning cards. So lovely designed. How can i learn designing so nice like these for the Membership card printing? I appreciate these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning sweetie these are just gorgeous, so beautiful, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine, I quite agree the whole year seems to be flying by! Tho I think even last year flew - can't believe it's Sept and She Who Must be Obeyed in now in Year 1, I'm gonna be old before I know it!!!

    Gorgeous card, as always, a perfect little pink confection and the easel card is a beaut too!!

    I'll try to join in over at Pinkie Palace this time.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine, of course you can use that phrase - don't expect any other cleverness from me though, I'm not up to it!!!!!!!!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab cards !,love the circle card with the cute image & lovely coloured too ,also love the second card with the beautiful papers x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards again Christine, loving the pink too.Still not had time to post my PINK one yet arghh!! :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine I love these beautiful cards , both are so different but equally stunning .
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Christine.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two stunning cards Christine! Love the round one - the image is so sweet. Gorgeous papers on the second one.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two fabulous cards Christine, love the little circle card and the cute image and the clever easel card, looks great with the 3 strips of the lovely paper, the flower is gorgeous.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christine I love your cut dinky scallop circle card..such a sweet image fan colours..& the easel card clever take on the easel shape, pretty colour combo& flower..lovely work

    smiles tother Christine x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such gorgeous cards Christine, adorable image on the first one and love that flower & pretty papers on the second one.
    Hugs Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card Christine! You did an amazing job color that sweet girl and I love the pretty blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They're both gorgeous cards Christine! Love that cute circle card and the easel card is very pretty. Didn't get chance to join in with the last challenge, but will do my best to play along with this one :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two fabulous cards Christine :)
    And of course perfectly presented in pink!

    Now I am an old set-in-my-ways fuddy duddy and always make square cards...but I've just made a rectangular one!!! I might just enter and play along :)

    Big hugs
    Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Challenges not only gives chance to show your creativity but also comes up with lot of new ideas and master pieces like these..I suggest next time challenge should be on plastic business cards, what`s your opinion....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous work! I am loving the pink!!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x