Thursday 2 February 2012

To cheer us up on this chilly day.... and exciting news!!!

Hi All

Well, as I saw the weather forecast last night, I thought we needed a bit of cheering up with some bright colours and lovely flowers.... so I dug out one of my fav new stamps from Stamping Bella.   Let me introduce you to Patsy Pixie.... isn't she just so cute?  I've coloured her (unusually for me) with my prismacolour pencils... and I really enjoyed the change from my markers.  I thought the flowers needed bright colouring... and ooooh of course, some glitter! LOL!  Sooooo I coloured her, then gave her some grass to stand on with the pencils... (if anyone wants me to do a video tut of the grass, I'm more than happy to do so - just let me know).  She needed some shadowing to give her depth, so I chose blue this time - just to give the impression of a nice summery sky behind her. 

Then I cut her out using a nestability - this time it's Labels 22 (but I chose to cut the bottom rounded bit off (!)  I matted and layered by drawing round the outside of the nestie (I'd used the biggest one so it had to be a hand done thing) - and again cut a deeper pink around the outside of the peach - all freehand!  Not good with my shaky hands!! LOL!  I then used a sentiment from Pink Petticoat, again matted and layered... then my DP is Basic Grey Kissing Booth Sweet Nothings..... mmmmmmm so gorgeous I didn't want to cut it.. and backed it onto bazzil.  A few blobby things (that I cannot remember the name of but were from my stash) finished it off!  I did 'um and ah' trying to put more embellies on it, tried all sorts, but in the end decided less was definitely more!  Hope you like it...

Now..... my exciting news!!  Although I was very sad that the blog I was on the DT for (Die Cut Dreams) was closing...  I'm honoured to have been chosen for another FANTASTIC Design Team - the ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE BLOG and I'm thrilled to bits!!  I've known for a few days but haven't been able to say anything till it was all announced today....  hmmmmm and I'm not good at keeping things to myself - as my blogging buddies know too well! hehe!  So I can't wait to get stuck in and join the lovely and very talented ladies there who have already made me feel very welcome.  There are still a couple of days left of the current challenge which is 'To the One I Love - Challenge 59' - so get on over there and enter your Valentine's cards.... I can't believe the amount of entries we've had already!

Sooooo now I need to get on with creating my first card for them.....  exciting times for me!

Big Hugs to all and Happy Crafting
Christine x
PS.... I've changed my profile pic at Sylvia's suggestion...  thanks Sylvia!

22 comments:

  1. What a breath of fresh air Christine - the colours on this beautiful card really brighten up a dull day.
    Congrats. on your DT post - have loads of fun.
    Hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Christine and well done on the exciting news. Hey we are now teamies.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, love your colours ♥ Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine, firstly big congrats on your new DT place - well done you! You're going to be a great asset to the DT.

    Now your card - well isn't that just gorgeous! Lovely spring colours to cheer up the snowy cold morning that we have today!

    Wonderful colouring as well - love the shading you've got on the flowers.

    Cheerio,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine many congrats on your new DT post..you certainly kept that one quite.. what a sweet image love what you have done cutting bits of the nesties..I do this myself..gives it a whole new look..fab layout & colours.

    smiles the other Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay congrats to you... you will be fab addition to the team.. cant wait to see your DT projects .
    Love this sweet little card .. the spring colours are gorgeous ..
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge congrats Christine you certainly deserve to be on ANY DT with your fabuloso cards! This my friend is no exception, it makes me want to get my prisma's out to play - I love the soft colouring and fabby shape you made by cutting off the bottom - clever girl!
    We have snow here, I hope its gone by next week!
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful news Christine, Congratulations. And your wee card is very sweet, love the image. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card and love the shades of the flowers, great layout and papers too.
    Congratulations on your new DT role.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab sweet card Christine, and BIG CONGRATS on your DT position. Can't wait to see your creations. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card Christine, love the sweet image and so beautifully coloured...Congrats on your new DT.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. so stunning christine.your colours are gorgeous and i love the sweet image ;D
    huge congrats on your new DT hun, so much deserved :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is very bright and cheery just what we want on a very cold dull day.

    Welcome onboard Christine, looking forward to seeing lots more of your lovely cards. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww I love this! What a CUTE image and the nestie shape is fab too - looks great with it's bottom cut off ;o) Huge congrats on your new DT! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your adorable cute card Christine.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Christine, I love the pretty image on your card and the way you've coloured it - perfect!!

    Fabulous news about your new DT position - can't wait to see all your lovely makes.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card love your colours.
    Bye_bye, Bennarda (Ballie)

    http://balliescreationballie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous Christine. Love the beautiful image. So cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty card, I love the sweet image :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the new DT role - I am sure you'll be fabulous on it!!

    What a totally gorgeous card, Christine - your soft colouring is gorgeous!! I love how you've framed her too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Christine and wow what great news too, many congrats !!!!! :)Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. A very sweet card!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x