Tuesday 24 August 2010

Well I've been busy again......

Hi all

Well with all the rain we've had here in Yorkshire today, I got plenty of chance today to get out my colouring and enjoy!

I've made this card with my daughter in mind - she's off in September to live in Bermuda for a couple of years, and I'll miss her!!! (sniff, sniff - pass the tissues!) Anyway, it's a massive move for her and it will be an incredible opportunity which will lead who knows where??! And I can holiday there!!

Onto the card before I blub all over the place....! I used Mo's image Bye Bye Girl, which I bought in luscious rubbah a little while back, so I stamped her with Memento ink then coloured with my trusty copics. I highlighted her ladybird backpack with diamond glaze, then gave each little black dot a white highlight with my signa white gel pen. I think it makes them 'pop' - don't you? Then I gave her a shadow with a cool gray copic, then shaded the edges with Versachalk in Wheat (thank you Paulabella for that tip!) I used my nestabilities to cut out the shapes and emboss. Then I wanted to match it to the right DP - my falldown! But I chose this CosmoCricket Jitterbug 'PeggySue' paper, and used both the front and the reverse so that it all matched! I think it works... The sentiment actually comes with the stamp - but I chose to reproduce it on my PC, so I could have the shape that I wanted. I'm entering it into the Stamping Bella challenge and also Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge (Thank Heavens for Little Girls) too!
Hope the sun is shining where you are.....
Happy cardmaking!
Christine x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Christine what a stunner this creation is..your colouring is TDF...the image is so cute fab sentiment too..finished decorating me craft room..NOT recomemded.LOL

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again Christine forget to add after a couple of showers this am.. weve had some lovely sunny warm weather on the coast

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhhhh you will mis her so much but look forward to all the quality time and holidays you will have...gorgeous card Christine, I love this little un
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Web cam called for -but you will miss her so much - I know I would - Great card love Mo's images one of the best digi sites around...Great colouring in - love the shading - Bex phoned from Leeds Fest and I could hardly hear her over all the noise....rain on the way acc to forecast!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x